Wednesday, April 23, 2008

mY pLeDge oF sTuDy


I don't know why I wanted to write a blog this time. Maybe corny, or whatever, But it's just that i felt writing about where Am I now.... funny man or hindi, seryoso man or hindi, but that's just it! wahehehe......... just felt writing this.......

When I was a child, I could still remember that oftentimes I love to play "Mock Hospital Setting" that everytime I play with my playmates, my role is always a Doctor. An elegant "Mock Doctor". A "Mock Doctor"- wearing a laboratory gown made of plain white blanket made by my ate, a plastic stethoscope hanged on my shoulder,and my lunch box covered with white bond paper as my medicine bag,wearing an eyeglasses, a destroyed one eyeglasses of my mother which I got from our drawer, with a clipboard in my hand, and of course my patients are my playmates and my sister. When I enter school I keep on telling myself that I really wanted to be a doctor. But right now?... haha! here I am, waking up 4:30am to attend 6:30am circle at school, with a BIG size bag on my back filled with paraphernalias and 2 required books. Wearing a clean and well ironed uniform with clean white shoes, and stricly white socks. Listening and noting the head nurse's endorsements. Changing the patient's bed lenins. Letting the patient take the medicine. Doing a Bedside Care and doing a therapeutic conversation with the patient. Wiping the fecal mater *excuse me* of a bed ridden patient. Reading the patient's chart and make a so called "SOAPIE" an assessment outline and form to make a plan of care for the assigned patient. And the requirements which will be passed after the duty. And not to mention, the times when we were being reprimanded by our Clinical Instructors. These things are done within our 8 hour shift. Things in which I never imagined that would happen in my Life. Things that I never imagined, maybe because it's too far to my dream field of work, well, at least it's still just near to what I dreamt of in my Entire Life. Untill now, I am thankful and proud to say that i reached this stage. Near for a graduation, yet too far for me to see. but then, it is my pride that I am here now. Striving to survive, aspiring for a bright future, soaring high to be one...

No comments: