Thursday, May 1, 2008

JoBhUnT - Day 1 - A TaMbAy


I woke up from a buzz I set-up from my mobile phone "an alarm". It's 7:00 o'clock in the morning. I was stunned while staring at the ceiling, asking myself if I'll go or not. It's not the usual day. For few months my life is a 3am bedtime and 10:30am waking up time.Huh!... no choice, but I really have to wake up, arrange my papers, and fix myself.
The day started with a cold and refreshing shower, a breakfast of tuyo with vinegar, corned beef, and a cup of rice. I hurriedly walk down the street with my handful papers, a bunch of ballpens (in case some will not work), 2 pencils, my colorful post it, and my personal things in my bag. Huh! as if, I would go to th war with handful guns, armors and shields. The day has a temprature of 34 degree celsius.
I go to the hospitals and get their requirements for an applicant like me. And for the record, there were 6 hospitals I've gone. With the post it and pens I brought with me, I listed everything and every information I will be needing.
It was a different day and experience for me. For almost 16 years being a student, never did it linked in my mind that someday my life would be this. Before, it was easy for me seeing people looking for a job, sand even saying to myself that its just an easy work to do. But now, reality happens to me. Everything I've said before is far different and opposite to what I think it is before. For now,I am one of those millions of Filipinos they simply called in lay man's terms as "TAMBAY" - funny to hear, yet difficult to ponder on.

No comments: